The role will be responsible for the following key performance activities:
- Providing technical guidance to a team of Mechanics and Assistants towards fault diagnosis and coordinating repair processes on heavy mobile equipment in the Mines
- Supervising day-to-day workshop processes including inspections, services, repairs and spares coordination
- Carrying out the safety, health and environmental management procedures as per Mines’ guidelines
- Identifying, reporting and correcting any safety deviations on air-conditioning equipment and ensuring that the machines are never operated in an unsafe manner.
- Creating quality control plans and coordinating their implementation with the technical team as well as the Mine’s Engineering and Quality Control Management leadership
- Providing care on machines to ensure that no components are inadvertently damaged and are stored in a secure manner to avoid damage and pilferage
- Compiling client reports including time management, SHE reports, QC reports and incident investigation reports etc.
- Conducting Planned Task Observations on employees conducting their work and taking appropriate corrective/ preventive actions where necessary.
- Arranging adequate tools and any special devices like to enable smooth completion of tasks whenever needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diesel Mechanic Trade (Red Seal)
- Driver's License (Code 10)
- Minimum 8 years experience working in the Mines on maintenance of heavy mechanical equipment
- Must have previsouly carried a 2.9.2 Legal appointee as Foreman